Sunday, January 6, 2008

Why was Apostle Paul's spirit provoked by seeing idols?

For those of you who saw that caption in the slideshow and found it... disagreeable, I just wanted to quickly address the question of "Why do Christians always think that only their religion is right and everyone else's is wrong?"

There's a presupposition here that should be discussed. Namely, the presupposition that all views are equally valid. I'll borrow a quote from Greg Koukl:

"If all views have equal merit, then the view that Christians have a better view on Jesus than Jews is just as true as the idea that Jews have a better view on Jesus than Christians. But this is hopelessly contradictory. If the first statement is what tolerance amounts to, then no one can be tolerant because “tolerance” turns out to be gibberish."

Thus no one on earth is "tolerant".

For more info:

http://www.leestrobel.com/channels/anySubCat.php?category=Other%20Religions

Well, how do we know Christianity is right. For me the clincher and the reason why I could not walk away from Christianity is because I don't think a person (or a book) can consistently predict the future and be accurate unless there was something supernatural about the person/book. If the book is supernatural and is saying some serious things about my life and afterlife, then I better consider what it has to say. If I reject it, I better be able to give myself a good reason for why I can ignore it.

For more info see #34 on this list (note: NT = New Testament portion of the Bible):

http://www.carm.org/objections.htm

At least click on this link to see the picture in the upper left hand corner... :)

So what does Christianity have to say about my life and afterlife? Here's another link:

http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/Sermons/ByDate/1989/668_Joy_Recovered/

I would be more than happy to continue this discussion with anyone who has read this far :)

p.s. Another link:
http://www.juststopandthink.com/questions.php

No comments: